Search Site for Anything
- Date to be Confirmed – How Do You Observe 1.33 Billion Km3 of Ocean?
- Postponed because of CV; new date TBA – Living with a Shrinking Nile for 6,000 Years:geoscience and archaeology in Northern Sudan
- Postponed because of CV; new date TBA – Tribology of Spacecraft Mechanisms: 48-million Miles Without an Oil Change
- Postponed because of CV; new date TBA – How Our Genome Affects Our Health
- Postponed because of CV; new date TBA – Invasive Plant Species
- artificial intelligence
- marine biology
- nuclear fusion
- nuclear power
- power generation
- quantum physics
- theoretical physics
Tag Archives: technology
Postponed because of CV; new date TBA – Tribology of Spacecraft Mechanisms: 48-million Miles Without an Oil Change
Following on from our September 2019 talk on tribology on earth by John Anderson, Dr Michael Buttery Snr. Project Scientist, ESR Technology, Engineering Safety and Risk will talk about tribology in space. More details to follow.
The revolutions in analytical science for the real time analysis of the human body This talk will be given by Dr Tony Bristow (FRSC), AstraZeneca, Macclesfield Analytical science has made an enormous impact on the understanding of the biological and … Continue reading
John Anderson (Retired – National Centre of Tribology) will explain what tribology is.
Dr Helen Beaumont of Manchester University will talk to us about MRI: What is an MRI machine? How does it work? What can it measure? Why does it have to be so big, so loud, so expensive? And what can … Continue reading
Note the date of this talk – it’s the second Monday because April 2nd is Easter Monday. This talk will be led by SciBarian Adrian Fisher, who valiantly answered Chris Grice’s plea at February’s meeting for a speaker for April. … Continue reading
This discussion will be led by Emma Vernon, of the N(ational) N(uclear) L(aboratory). In Emma’s words: “The UK has expressed an interest in the potential deployment of Small Modular Reactor technology as a means to help address the energy trilemma … Continue reading