Search Site for Anything
- 7th June 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – How Do You Observe 1.33 Billion Km3 of Ocean?
- 12th April 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – 5G: The Need, Technical Challenges and Impact
- 1st March 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – The Beginning of Everything
- 1st February 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – Living with a Shrinking Nile for 6,000 Years:geoscience and archaeology in Northern Sudan
- 4th January 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – Above and Beyond: Drones Are Changing the Way we Monitor Volcanoes
- artificial intelligence
- marine biology
- nuclear fusion
- nuclear power
- power generation
- quantum physics
- theoretical physics
Tag Archives: technology
Professor Nigel Linge, University of Salford, School of Computing, Science and Engineering, will be talking about 5G. From his website, this is what Nigel says about his talk: “In December 2017, the world took an important step forward in the … Continue reading
Dr Emma Liu, University College London will give this talk. Some background (taken directly from https://festivalofgeology.org.uk/): “Volcanology is undergoing an aerial revolution. Drone technology is changing the way we collect data across the geosciences, especially in fields that require measurements … Continue reading
2nd November 2020 (Zoom 7pm) – Tribology of Spacecraft Mechanisms: 48-million Miles Without an Oil Change
Following on from our September 2019 talk on tribology on earth by John Anderson, Dr Michael Buttery Snr. Project Scientist, ESR Technology, Engineering Safety and Risk will talk about tribology in space.
The revolutions in analytical science for the real time analysis of the human body This talk will be given by Dr Tony Bristow (FRSC), AstraZeneca, Macclesfield Analytical science has made an enormous impact on the understanding of the biological and … Continue reading
John Anderson (Retired – National Centre of Tribology) will explain what tribology is.