Search Site for Anything
- 7th June 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – How Do You Observe 1.33 Billion Km3 of Ocean?
- 12th April 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – 5G: The Need, Technical Challenges and Impact
- 1st March 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – The Beginning of Everything
- 1st February 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – Living with a Shrinking Nile for 6,000 Years:geoscience and archaeology in Northern Sudan
- 4th January 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – Above and Beyond: Drones Are Changing the Way we Monitor Volcanoes
- artificial intelligence
- marine biology
- nuclear fusion
- nuclear power
- power generation
- quantum physics
- theoretical physics
Category Archives: 2020
This question will be asked by Dr Matt Donnelly, Lead Data Scientist, UK Argo Programme. The oceans play a key role in the climate and provide a habitat for a wide range of marine life, but with an average depth … Continue reading
Invasive Plant Species – Bogeyman or Ecological Disaster? Dr Arthur Broadbent of the School of Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Manchester will lead the discussion. “Novel weapons”, “Enemy Release” “Invasional Meltdown” – these are some of the more popular … Continue reading
2nd November 2020 (Zoom 7pm) – Tribology of Spacecraft Mechanisms: 48-million Miles Without an Oil Change
Following on from our September 2019 talk on tribology on earth by John Anderson, Dr Michael Buttery Snr. Project Scientist, ESR Technology, Engineering Safety and Risk will talk about tribology in space.
Dr. Arijit Mukhopadhyay, Reader in Human Genetics, University of Salford will be talking about the relationship between our genome and our health.
John Midgely, recently retired Technical Manager, UK Geoenergy Observatories, BRITISH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY, will give a talk on the subject of Geo-Thermal Energy focussing on: Subsurface activities re. decarbonisation and cover; An update of UKGESO projects, including the Cheshire Energy Research Field Site … Continue reading