Search Site for Anything
- 7th June 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – How Do You Observe 1.33 Billion Km3 of Ocean?
- 12th April 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – 5G: The Need, Technical Challenges and Impact
- 1st March 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – The Beginning of Everything
- 1st February 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – Living with a Shrinking Nile for 6,000 Years:geoscience and archaeology in Northern Sudan
- 4th January 2021 (Zoom 7pm) – Above and Beyond: Drones Are Changing the Way we Monitor Volcanoes
- artificial intelligence
- marine biology
- nuclear fusion
- nuclear power
- power generation
- quantum physics
- theoretical physics
Category Archives: 2019
Our discussion will be led by Professor Ian Robson, now retired but previously a Professor of Astrophysics, President of the Society for Popular Astronomy and Technology Director of the Edinburgh Royal Observatory.
The revolutions in analytical science for the real time analysis of the human body This talk will be given by Dr Tony Bristow (FRSC), AstraZeneca, Macclesfield Analytical science has made an enormous impact on the understanding of the biological and … Continue reading
Dr Jonathan Lageard, Senior Lecturer in Environmental Studies, Division of Geography & Environmental Management, Manchester Metropolitan University will tell us what has been discovered as peat bogs have been exploited. Peatlands cover significant areas within the north-west and have suffered considerably through … Continue reading
John Anderson (Retired – National Centre of Tribology) will explain what tribology is.
Professor Krishna Persaud of the University of Manchester will give a talk around the theme of “Devices that sense odours”. The University is a partner in the ‘PlasticArmPit’ project which is looking at devices which will recognise odour with sensors … Continue reading
Professor Jamie Woodward, Professor of Physical Geography and Head of the Department of Geography at The University of Manchester, will tell us about research in the Department of Geography at the University of Manchester which has shone a light on … Continue reading